Field Trips Are an Easy A+ at TheArtBarn
Incorporating Art, Animals & Agriculture all in one Farm-tastic Location!
PUMPKIN FARM NOTE: at your request we can add pumpkins to the Fall Field Trip mix. Let us know your budget for size/cost and we will have them waiting for your tiny friends either in the garden or in the big field for a pumpkin fun run - cute cute cute!
Seasonal Fieldtrips: Spring & Fall
The Farm is a completely outdoor facility
- If it RAINS we will raindate you as quickly as possible.
Perfect for Farm Animal Meet & Greet for the younger set
all the way up to New FARM to TABLE learning units for older friends!
• 3 hour fieldtrip at the Farm (normally 10am-1pm)
• Cost: $10 per person
• NOTE: 2 adults FREE with every 20 children
• DEPOSIT: $50 deposit is requested to hold your date.
• NO Minimum NOT TO WORRY if you have a small group, Farmer Sue will partner you with another group.
• BALANCE IS DUE THE DAY OF YOUR FIELDTRIP BY CHECK.
• please note: we can now accept credit cards at the farm - there will be a 5% convenience or service fee attached.
We can easily handle large groups of 150+
When you are at the farm you will:
• meet, pet, hold, & brush a variety of clean, friendly farm animals:
chickens: roosters, hens, chicks and if we are lucky... a green egg. ducks, bunnies, lambs,
goats, donkeys, horses, ponies, cows & pot belly pigs.
• discuss their jobs on the farm & learn lots of neat facts about them,
• explore fun gardens like The Peanutbutter & Jelly Garden and Mr. McGregors to see what is growing for the season. Friends w/ allergies don't worry - it is just named the PBJ garden. The goats ATE all the peanuts years ago & farmer sue gave up planting them!)
• create a cool art project in TheArtBarn
• relax under the old magnolias for a picnic lunch & story time
• hop a hayride and travel around the farm and sing some favorite farm songs
• students & Teachers take home a special coloring sheet with all the animals drawn by farmer sue
Let Farmer Sue know if there are learning objectives you wish to meet & she will tailor information to the needs of your students and curriculum. (ie: Farm Basics: Meet & Greet; More indepth: Farm to Table; and even Art & Animals in the Bible)
Please Note: we are licensed by the USDA & GA Dept. of Agriculture who inspect regularly for animal health, cleanliness and well being. We are fully insured by the Farm Bureau of Georgia.
What YOU need to bring:
• Lunches or snacks
• extra waters or juice packs or cooler & cups during hot months
• germ gel & hand wipes (we have them both but encourage you to bring extras!)
• CAMERA for sure!
• also we suggest:
a classroom first aide kit, sunscreen/bugspray & you may also want to bring a table cloth
Please Remind Your Students & Parents: Wear Farm Attire (close toed shoes are preferred) & Bring Lots of Film!
For more information call farmer sue directly 678-319-0286