Farm Field Trips
Field Trips Are an Easy A+ at TheArtBarn
Incorporating Art, Animals & Agriculture all in one Farm-tastic Location!
PUMPKIN FARM NOTE: at your request we can add pumpkins to the Fall Field Trip mix. Let us know your budget for size/cost and we will have them waiting for your tiny friends either in the garden or in the big field for a pumpkin fun run - cute cute cute!
Fieldtrips: Spring, Summer & Fall
The Farm is a completely outdoor facility
- If it RAINS we will raindate you as quickly as possible.
Perfect for Farm Animal Meet & Greet for the younger set
all the way up to New FARM to TABLE learning units for older friends!
• 3 hour fieldtrip at the Farm (normally 9:30/10am start time -12:30-1pm departure depending on your travel schedule)
• Cost: $11.50 per person (chaperones are $11.50/ children $11.50)
• NOTE: if you are bringing multiple classes or a full grade level ask about teacher discounts.
• DEPOSIT: $50 deposit is requested to hold your date.
• NO Minimum we will find a place for your group no matter the size!
• BALANCE IS DUE THE DAY OF YOUR FIELDTRIP.*
if you come without a check & request that your school be billed - there will be an additional $50 administration fee.
• We Accept Check, Cash & Credit Cards**
** please note: a 5% convenience or service fee applied to credit card charges.
• We can easily handle large groups of 150-200
• Our Vice President of Barketing is Augustus McCrae Wilder (GUS). He is our official greeter & MAY ride shot gun on your hayride. All farms have dogs. He has no idea he IS a dog and even friends who DO NOT LIKE DOGS love Gus - he is amazing. Dogs help keep us safe on the farm. Please note he will be on property sharing the love.
When you are at the farm you will:
• meet, pet, hold, & brush a variety of clean, friendly farm animals:
chickens: roosters, hens, chicks and if we are lucky... a green egg!
along with ducks, bunnies, lambs, goats, donkeys, horses, ponies & potbelly pigs.
• learn lots of fun facts about them & discuss their jobs on the farm
• explore fun gardens like The Peanutbutter & Jelly Garden and Mr. McGregors to see what is growing for the season. Friends w/ allergies don't worry - it is just named the PBJ garden. The goats ATE all the peanuts years ago & farmer sue gave up planting them!)
• create a cool art project
• relax with a picnic lunch under the old magnolias with tables just for you.
• hop a hayride & travel around the farm learning about the garden & compost, earthworms and more.
• See what the Buzzz Is ALL About at our NEW HONEY BEE station
Let us know if there are learning objectives you wish to meet & we will tailor information to the needs of your students and curriculum. (ie: Farm Basics: Meet & Greet; More indepth: Farm to Table; and even Art & Animals in the Bible)
Please Note: we are licensed by the USDA & GA Dept. of Agriculture who inspect regularly for animal health, cleanliness and well being. We are fully insured by the Farm Bureau of Georgia.
What YOU need to bring:
• Lunches or snacks
• extra waters or juice packs or cooler & cups during hot months
• germ gel & hand wipes (we have them both but encourage you to bring extras!)
• CAMERA for sure!
• a classroom first aide kit, sunscreen/bugspray & you may also want to bring a table cloth
Please Remind Your Students & Parents:
• Wear Farm Attire (close toed shoes are preferred)
• Make sure you have room on your digital device!
For more information email farmer sue: TalkToFarmerSue@TheArtBarn.com
We look forward to spending a Farmtastic Day with YOU!